Friday, August 20, 2010

[Concealers]


Concealer! YAY! I am so glad this stuff exists.. I use it to cover redness on my cheeks, to even out my skin tone, and cover blemishes and my tiny little scars from breakouts. 

BeneFit- Boi-ing #02 Champagne
Neutrogena- Mineral Sheers Concealer (SPF 20) #09 Buff
Mary Kay- Signature Concealer in Ivory
Sheercover- Concealer in Light/Medium

BeneFit.. hmm.  This is stuff great!  It covers EVERYTHING and there is minimal creasing/fading.  However, I have an oily complextion, and this didn't seem to agree with my skin.  I looked like a greaseball after wearing this for a full day.  I bought it for $12 on eBay.. I will not be repurchasing!

I had such high expectations for the Neutrogena concealer, plus it was the only drugstore concealer available in a pot.  I was so dissapointed!  The formula is sticky/greasy and over creamy.  It is almost impossible to blend and it looks cakey and gross.  It comes with a "setting powder" and that makes it look even more disgusting.  Save your money, ladies.  This was $11 down the drain.  Normally Neutrogena products are pretty respectable, but this is garbage.

My husband's dad's new wife is a Mary Kay consultant and was nice enough to give to me a tube of their signature concealer.  They sell from $6-10 and so, so worth it.  All I need is two small dots for all of my face.  I use a large foundation brush to blend and cover everything.  The formula is extremely pigmented and ..somewhat thick.  I love it.

I was introduced to Sheercover by my sister-in law. :]  This is my first mineral makeup and I am quite happy with it.  This concealer in particular is incredible! It is so lightweight and creamy and covers almost everything you would want it to.  This is my go-to concealer for daily use, plus it's SPF 15.  It costs $11, I purchase it from a secondary sales person online.

No comments:

Post a Comment