Friday, August 20, 2010

[Eye Primers]


I never understood the power of eye primers until I began using them!  Back in the day I'd apply all this crazy eyeshadow, only to have it crease up and ...melt off.  I just thought that was how it was.  But, hooray! This is definately the solution.  The first primer I bought is  BeneFit - Stay Don't Stray.  There is only one color available for this primer, it is a creamy neutral tone.  It blends into your skin rather easily.  It is an excellent undereye concealer and it does a mediocre job keeping your shadow in place.  I've found that within a couple hours it wears off.  Plus, it feels like a moisturizer rather than a primer.  The packaging is somewhat hygenic, I do like the fact that it has a pump.  The only downfall is that the pump dispenses WAY too much product than necessary, it is a waste.  At around $22, this was definately a waste of money as well.  I'd stray away from this product if I were you. :]  And then, thank goodness, I purchased the most amazing eye primer known to man.  I've read reviews about it on MUA for some time, and finally went to Ulta and got it.   It is Urban Decay - Primer Potion...(in the purple tube!)  I cannot say enough about this product.  You know when you buy any type of cosmetic and you're like "Oh God, I hope this actually does what it says it's going to do.."  This actually does!  It is available in three different tones, but I bought the original one.  It goes on whitish and dries clear.  It has a subtle sticky feel to it.  You apply the product with a wand.  Once it sets it allows you to blend your shadow like normal and it stays forever.  Seriously, I passed out on the couch one night and woke up to find my eyes absolutely perfect.  The price is kind of high @ $18, but it is worth every cent. This is a must if you live in a place where the humidity destroys your makeup!

No comments:

Post a Comment