Sunday, November 14, 2010

[Homemade Lip Scrub + Lip Care]

I'm fully aware that I'm not the only one that does this, but it produces such amazing results so it's completely bloggable.  Winter is here and that means my lips want to look cracky and disgusting.  My skin in general reacts very badly to cold weather and wind.  If I don't take action, my face will look like a chapped mess.  My lips especially, they will crack to the point where they'll bleed. Ew.. Here are some easy steps I take from preventing this castastrophe..

First off, lip balm is imperative.  Sadly, I haven't found a balm that helps at all... although I haven't really ventured very far into the lip balm world.  I've tried ChapStick, Carmex, Softlips.. basically anything and everything in that impulse aisle.  They all make my condition worse, weird!  They only thing I've found that helps to moisturize and protect my lips is NYX's lip gloss in clear.  Looking through the ingredients, I found that there's something related to Vitamin E, which is always miraculous.  I apply this stuff very sparingly all day long if I'm just relaxing at home.. it's great! It's cheap and there's alot of it. 

Twice a week, I exfoliate using this ingenious scrub.  First, I take a hot towel and press it on my lips for about 5 minutes to prepare.  Then I apply a small amount of vasaline, get about a teaspoon of sugar and simply apply the sugar with my finger, scrubbing gently for about a minute or so. You would be amazed how much dead skin will come off.  Don't over scrub, because if you try it you will find that it's very gritty and harsh, you don't want to damage your lips/skin. 

As far as lipstick goes, I never buy anything over $7 because my cute little son loves to find them and work his destructive magic.  I love matte lipsticks, but they are always lip-killers for me no matter what I do.  Luckily, I tried Rimmel's Moisture Renewal in ...something coral.  It makes my lips feel great!  It has that weird lipstick scent to it, and feels gritty.. but I find that its staying power is pretty good and my lips feel WAY softer and healthy than before I applied.   I have bought several in that line.. Hopefully I can find something one day that doesn't smell as weird. :]

No comments:

Post a Comment