Friday, November 12, 2010

[NYX - Smokey Eye Palette]

This was half off at Ulta and during a San Antonio visit I forgot to bring eyeshadow.  Feeling naked, I picked this baby up.  It looked like a fun palette to play around with and I've heard that NYX eyeshadows are pretty darn good.  For about $5 it seemed like a good deal for 10 shadows.  The colors are pretty, but it seems like several of the colors are way too similar. Regardless, there are still a good range of shades to create lots of different looks, from subtle to dramatic. This is ideal for traveling, especially if you love wearing darker shadows.  However, I don't really find myself reaching for this often at home.  The quality is just not there for me.  Even with an eye primer, the colors seem to fade very quickly.  The colors do not apply as vibrantly as they appear in the pan.  It's weird, because NYX's black single shadow is awesome.  I prefer it to MAC's Carbon in certain situations because it's a true black..  dark black.  Hah. Unfortunately the "blacks" in this palette are pretty dissapointing.  I might take this with me on a weekend trip, I'm willing to give it another chance. :]



No comments:

Post a Comment