Monday, November 1, 2010

Sugar!

This may seem a little far off, but I must rave about my all time favorite exfoliator.. SUGAR!  Who would have thought that the very thing attributed to my uncontrollabe weight gain could work wonders when it came to my skin? Pretty sweet, huh? I'm always looking for natural beauty product substitutes and sugar is truly a gem. All you need is ordinary white sugar, I believe its about $2/lb.  There are two different ways I use this.  For a more intenstive exfoliation, I pour some extra virgin olive oil in my palm and just add sugar until it reaches a paste-like consistency.. or until it looks like an ordinary scrub. (Don't let it become too runny, the sugar will dissolve.)  This can be used on your face or as an all-over scrub.  You can even leave it on your face for 10 minutes as a mask. The olive oil has conditioning properties that will make your skin feel super soft.  The wonderful sugar contains natural compounds that actually dissolve the binds of dead skin.  It's especially great for those of us who have dry patches around your nose and mouth.   You can also use other oils, if you choose.  Another way to add sugar to your beauty regime is to simply add it to your normal cleanser!  Easy.  I love sugar.  Just rinse this stuff off well, or ants will be your biggest fan.


No comments:

Post a Comment