Friday, November 12, 2010

[Milani Luminous vs. NARS Orgasm]

Tons of guys and gals rave about how NARS Orgasm is the most incredible and flattering universal blush for all skin types.  I'm not a big fan of shimmery blushes, but I do really enjoy wearing this one!  It's one of those products that I could find myself reaching for daily because it compliments almost any eyeshadow you choose to wear.  Its the perfect peachy coral color with medium sized, but subtle golden flakes.  The quality is great, of course, and the pigmentation is wonderful.  This blush stays on your face all day long.

I'm all about searching for dupes of popular products.. I always end up owning BOTH, but it's soley for research purposes. :] So far, the closest I've found to the big O is Milani Luminous.  The color payoff and pigmentation are -almost- identical!  Milani is a little less pigmented, meaning you have to use more product to get the same effect, but at $4 it's not really a huge deal.   The only difference between the two is that Luminous has less gold flakes, although it still gives off a gorgeous gold sheen.  It looks awesome on my NC35 skin.  I consider it a somewhat toned down version of O, it would be ideal if your apply shimmery eyeshadow and don't want to over do it and look like a glitterbomb.   I actually prefer Luminous, it's more everyday wearable for me and I prefer the glowy effect it gives off.  If you enjoy the idea of O, but want to save $22-ish I would definitely recommend this.

Another cheaper and somewhat similar alternative is the blush included in the E.L.F. Contouring Blush and Bronzer Duo.  The packaging is NARS inspired, which is cute.. I bought this because I needed to pick up a quick semi-matte bronzer one day.  The blush is attempting to be a NARS dupe, it's a peachy coral shimmery color. However, I never use this because it's somewhat chalky, and the staying power is just not there.  You know how sometimes you are convinced your face is a blush eater?  This is how I feel with this one.. The color is pretty, but the consistency is not for me.  Perhaps this would work well for someone with a lighter complexion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment